Mitsubishi Cedia Sports ‘The Great Driving Challenge’
- Event: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports ‘The Great Driving Challenge’
- Owner of the Event: Hindustan Motors Limited (‘HML’)
- Event management: Personnel from HML or appointed/engaged by HML, who are responsible for the conduct of the Event
- Applicant: Any individual, who is aged 20 years and above, holding a valid driving license and fulfills all other rules, and participates in the Event.
- Contestants: Top 100 Applicants short listed after evaluation by the Initial Jury in Phase 3
- Nominees: Top 9 Contestants short listed after evaluation by the Initial Jury in Phase 4
- Finalists: Top 3 Nominees that qualify to participate in the drive phase of the Event in Phase 5
- Winner: Event Winner arrived at through evaluation by the Final Jury
- Couple: Couple refers to a male and a female above 20 years of age as of June 22, 2009
- Initial Jury: Group of persons selected by the Event management who will evaluate the Applicants, Contestants and Nominees
- Final Jury/ Jury: Group of persons selected by the Event management who will evaluate the Finalists
- Rules: These rules and regulations governing the Event as amended from time to time
About The Great Driving Challenge
- The Great Driving Challenge is brought to you by Hindustan Motors Limited, hereinafter referred to as “Company”
- The Great Driving Challenge is a web-based and physical reality Event and an online competition between the applicants
- The Finalists will be selected by the Jury to drive the Mitsubishi Cedia Sport to cover a minimum distance of 3000 kms. spread across 10 days
- The Great Driving Challenge is neither a race nor a rally
- Among the Finalists, one winner will be determined on the basis of their daily web-posts, photo/ videos uploaded and regular internet updates during the course of their 10 day driving challenge (Also, called the “Drive Phase”)
- The Winner will get prize money of Rs 10 lakhs
How to Participate
Short-listing of Applicants in the Great Driving Challenge will be done as per the following 5 phases:
Phase 1 - Registration
- Applicants will have to log on the official Company website greatdrivingchallenge.com to register
- Registration: Once the contestant logs on to the official website he has to click on the “Apply now” option. A form will be displayed which will include the following mandatory details:
2. Date of birth
4. City of residence
5. E-mail ID
6. Contact no.
- On completion of the form, the Applicant needs to click on the “Submit” button. By submitting the application, he/ she agrees to rules and regulations governing the Event, as amended from time to time
- An automated mail will be sent to the email address provided by the Applicant, giving a link to the website which will enable him/ her to proceed with the registration
- By clicking on the link provided in the E-mail, the Applicant will need to provide his/ her chosen username and password. Once confirmed, he/ she can continue with the registration. The other details that need to be provided are mentioned below:
1. Partner’s name
2. Partner’s e-mail id
3. Partner’s contact no.
4. Partner’s date of birth
5. Partner’s Gender
6. Partners Annual Household Income Range.
7. Photographs of the contesting couple
8. Brief introduction about the contesting couple.
9. Social networking sites where the contesting couple are active (orkut, facebook, twitter, flicker, own blog).The Applicant needs to provide the URL of his/ her social networking site
10. Describe why the Applicant thinks the Couple is the best Applicant to take up this driving challenge
11. Plan for The Great Driving Challenge (Applicant needs to describe the route that they propose to drive during the Drive Phase)
12. Past travel experiences in India and/or abroad (Applicant needs to give a brief description about their journey, observations, interesting places, etc.)
13. Background for the profile (beaches, mountains, wildlife, forests, lifestyle & cities)
14. Once completed, the Applicant will click on “save my application” so that the application is saved in the system for all future references. He/she can revisit the website and rework on the application till July 17, 2009 midnight after which the registration process closes
15. An automated registration SMS will be sent to the couple on the mobile number mentioned in the form. The couple need to reply to the SMS to register the mobile number.
Phase 2 – Collect public votes
- Once the Couple completes the registration process (Phase 1), the Couple can increase their probability of selection among the top 100 couples by:
1. Voting: They can ask their friends, relatives etc. to vote for them by sending them an invitation from greatdrivingchallenge.com, through their e-mail id or through social networking sites like orkut, facebook, twitter, flicker, etc. Prior to sending the invitation, the Applicant will need to register the E-mail ID on the website
2. Collect testimonials: They can invite their friends, relatives, etc. to write testimonials for them online. Once anyone writes a testimonial, the same shall be sent to the Applicant and uploaded once approved/ confirmed by the Applicant
3. Share experiences with friends: Applicants can regularly post blogs, photographs and videos sharing their past travelling escapades and experiences in order to make their profile more appealing, so that the visitors to the website see their profile and can vote for them
4. Interested visitors (i.e. active followers) will be able to comment through blogs and also vote on the profiles of the. A visitor can submit only one vote per participant per day. For this, the visitor will have to first register his/ her e-mail id on the website. The system shall send a link on this e-mail id which will guide him / her to the website for voting/ commenting.
Phase 3 – Shortlist top 100 Couples
- Top 100 Contestants will be selected by an Internal Jury who will evaluate all the Couples on the following parameters:
1. Number of votes received from the public voting
2. Quality and design of Couple profile on the website
Phase 4 – Shortlist top 9 Couples
- The 100 Contestants selected will qualify for the next round where verification and validation of the information provided by them will be done in order to select the top 9 Nominees
- 1st round of calls (to contestants): The 100 Contestants will be called to verify their identity.
- Collection of id proof: The 100 Contestants are asked to e-mail/courier/fax their valid ID proofs mentioned under within 2 days at the address/ mail ID/ fax number provided at the end of this document:
1. Driving license (Light Motor Vehicle)
2. PAN card
3. Residence proof (such as passport, ration card or, voter ID, electricity bill or phone bill)
- Verification of documents: Documents sent by Contestants are verified for accuracy, correctness and alignment with the Rules
- Evaluation by Jury: The Initial Jury will evaluate the application forms based on the following:
1. Photos & videos uploaded by the contestants in their application.
2. Writing i.e. the travelogues, past experiences, etc.
3. Blogs (Content and presentation)
- The Initial Jury shall rate all the Contestants and arrive at the common set comprising of 25 couples.
- For the short listed 25 Contestants, ground verification will be carried out. The agreements will be signed by the Contestants at this Stage
- Documentation and applications submitted during Phase 1 – Contestants will be evaluated by an Initial Jury by a telephonic interview to evaluate the suitability of the Contestants for the Event and will shortlist 9 Nominees at the end of this phase along with a suitable number of stand-bye’s
Phase 5 - Audition
- Informing the selected Nominees: The short listed Nominees will be informed about their qualification to the next phase through telephone/ E-mail.
- A selection confirmation letter will be sent to the selected 9 Nominees which will include the following:
1. The schedule for the audition
2. Tentative stay period for the audition
3. Documents required to be carried for the audition
4. Details of their travel proposal for Great Driving Challenge
- The Nominees will be put through audition activities across 3 days. As a part of the audition, the Nominees will be required to participate in a series of activities fr which they will be evaluated by the Initial Jury. These activities will test the driving, photography and aptitude test of the Nominees.
- Announcement of 3 Finalists: After a series of tasks and evaluations, a press conference will be held where the 3 Finalists will be announced to the media in the presence of HML representatives, facilitators and jury members
Phase 6 - Drive and Winner determination
- The 3 Finalists will go for an all expense paid drive in the Mitsubishi Cedia Sports car allotted by the Event management
- The drive will start from Mumbai & end at Mumbai and cover a minimum of 3,000 kilometres to be covered in 10 days (excluding the day of departure and day of jury interaction post the drive phase)
- The Finalists are required to post and update their daily experiences through a minimum of 5 still photographs, 1 video and 5 blogs.
- On the website profile of the Finalists, visitors will award stars to the pictures and blogs (on a scale of 5).
- The Finalists will have an interactive session with the Final Jury at the end of the drive phase
- The Winner will be determined by the Final Jury on the following parameters:
1. Number of posts (videos/ blogs/ pictures) uploaded during the drive phase
2. Quality of posts uploaded
- The Winner will be determined by adding the score given by the Final Jury and the profile visitors
- All 100 Contestants are eligible for a prize from the Event Management
- The Finalists will be invited to the main awards ceremony where the Final Jury will address the media, guests and delegates
- Winner will be announced and the winning prize will be handed over to the Winner.