This document outlines the rules and regulations governing the Event- Mitsubishi Cedia Sports “The Great Driving Challenge.”
- Event: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports ‘The Great Driving Challenge’
- Owner of the Event: Hindustan Motors Limited (‘HML’)
- Event management: Personnel from HML or appointed/engaged by HML, who are responsible for the conduct of the Event
- Applicant: Any individual, who is aged 20 years and above, holding a valid driving license and fulfills all other rules, and participates in the Event.
- Contestants: Top 100 Applicants short listed after evaluation by the Initial Jury in Phase 3
- Nominees: Top 9 Contestants short listed after evaluation by the Initial Jury in Phase 4
- Finalists: Top 3 Nominees that qualify to participate in the drive phase of the Event in Phase 5
- Winner: Event Winner arrived at through evaluation by the Final Jury
- Couple: Couple refers to a male and a female above 20 years of age as of June 22, 2009
- Initial Jury: Group of persons selected by the Event management who will evaluate the Applicants, Contestants and Nominees
- Final Jury/ Jury: Group of persons selected by the Event management who will evaluate the Finalists
- Rules: These rules and regulations governing the Event as amended from time to time
The Event will follow the following timelines:
Process Date Deadline for submitting online application July 17, 2009 Registration June 22, 2009 – July 17,2009 Collect Public Votes June 22, 2009 – July 17,2009 Shortlist Top 100 Couples July 13, 2009 – July 18, 2009 Short listing Top 9 Couples July 13, 2009 - July 19, 2009 Audition Aug 03, 2009 – August 5, 2009 Drive Aug 06,2009 – August 17,2009 Determination of winner August 17,2009
- While all efforts will be made to follow the above timelines, however, in the event of circumstances beyond the control of Event Management, these timelines may need to be altered at the discretion of the Event Management/organizers
- Event Management and its sub-contractors cannot and shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Event or its Awards ceremony on account of any factors beyond its control.
Eligibility Criteria for participation in the Event
- Applicants for the The Great Driving Challenge should satisfy the following criteria:
1. A Couple must comprise one male and one female only. No additional person can be a part of the Couple or travel with the Couple
2. Both Partners must be Indian citizens
3. Both Partners must be 20 years of age or above as on June 22nd , 2009
4. Both partners should have a valid driving license, with one of the partners carrying driving license issued on or before July 1, 2007 while the other partner can have a learner’s license also
Receipt of entries & registration
- Applications will be accepted in English only
- Receipt of applications after last date of receipt specified may be permitted only at the discretion of the Event management
- Registration does not guarantee the selection or participation of the Applicant and such selection shall be as per the sole discretion of the Event Management/ Jury
- Registration does not entitle the Applicant to a prize/ award
- Event management will not be responsible for applications that are received late/ have technical glitches in submitting the application online
- Incomplete entry forms will disqualify an Applicant from participating in the Event
Collect public votes
- The Event management has the right at its discretion to delete/ screen blogs/ posts/ comments that may be vulgar, obscene, defaming, hurting religious sentiments, violent or infringing upon intellectual property rights
- The Event management or its allied agencies will not be responsible for any technical glitches/ website downtime or any such activities that may cause any hindrance/ inconvenience to the Applicants or visitors who visit the website
- Event management will not be responsible for non receipt of votes/ posts or comments for any Applicant
Shortlist top 100 Contestants
- If any of the 100 Contestants fails to produce the required documents or report on the time, date and venue (to be communicated later) for collecting prize or for further participation in the Event specified by the Company, then their right to collect prize money or to participate further in this activity will be forfeited in its entirety
- The 100 Contestants chosen will have to bear incidental costs, if any, that may arise for redemption of the prize
- The selected 25 Contestants will have to undergo a verification and validation of the information furnished by them on this website conducted by an agency appointed by Hindustan Motors Limited
- Event Management will contact the applicant, if required, for any clarifications needed for the information provided in the application
- Event Management will make the best efforts possible to contact the applicants, but shall not be responsible if the person do not participate in or does not agree to the conduct of the verification, or are not contactable.
- Event Management may, at its discretion, disqualify participation or continue in such other manner as deemed fit, if:
- In the Event of it not being possible to conduct a verification of the Applicant(s)/ Contestant(s), for any reason beyond its control
- If at any point during the Event, it is found / proved that any information submitted by the Applicant(s) is untrue
Shortlist top 9 Nominees
- Nominees will not interact with the media without prior permission/ unless as directed by the Event Management.
- Nominees will be required to undertake activities and tasks which require excellent driving skills plus good health. Therefore, if short listed, Nominees will be required to undergo certain medical tests for the purpose of insurance as advised by the appointed Insurance Company
- Nominees must be willing to participate in a formal interview(s) and various activities when meeting the eminent jury. Activities may include challenges, physical tests, skill based tests and aptitude tests, etc.
- Selected 9 Nominees will be invited for a 3 day selection Event with at least 7 days' prior notice intimated by phone, email, or letter. They should come prepared to spend the next 20 days approximately for the conduct of further activity. Air / train ticket to travel from the airport nearest to the home town of the couple to the venue and back will be provided by Hindustan Motors Limited. Boarding, lodging and food cost would be borne by Hindustan Motors Limited and Company’s choice of hotel shall be final. All other expenses not expressly included above will not be borne by the Company or any other agency on Company’s behalf, and will be the sole responsibility of selected Nominees
- If any Nominee fails to report on the time, date and venue (to be communicated later) for participating in the Event for the Finalists, then their right to collect prize money or to participate further in this activity will be forfeited in its entirety
- Nominees and Finalists are advised to make necessary arrangements for an extended absence from their work place and from home for approximately 20 days. HML will not be liable to reimburse any loss of earnings for the Nominees/ Finalists during the above mentioned period.
Drive and Winner determination
- The route chosen by the Finalists for the drive will be within the geographical limits of India only
- The start point and end point of the drive will be Mumbai as defined/ directed by the Event Management
- The Finalists will only drive the car provided by the Event Management for the purpose of the drive
- Seat belts for driver & co-driver and passenger are mandatory as per RTO regulations and must be worn by the Couple during the drive
- The Finalists should have completed a minimum of 3,000 kms. by the end of the drive
- Event Management may suggest/ change/ alter the route opted by the Finalists, if required
- The Finalists will drive a minimum of 300 kms. and a maximum of 350 kms per day
- The Finalists will have a total of 12 days (including the start day and the day of the closing ceremony) to complete the feat covering 3,000 kms
- Speeds should comply with Highway regulations and city limit regulations
- Event Management will provide every Couple with a First Aid Box containing:
1. Bandage – one pack of five
2. Two cotton rolls
3. Detatine lotion
4. Ciplox eyedrops
5. Micropore plasters
6. Johnson eye pad
7. Electral powder
8. Heavy duty scissors
- Finalists will factor in time for a photo shoot/ promotional event with the Mitsubishi Cedia Sports car allocated to them in case the Event Management wishes to conduct the same at any of its dealership on route of the Finalists’ drive
- Finalists found guilty of intentional damage to the car or its components/ engine/ GPS will be instantly disqualified.
- The Finalists will be provided with relevant contact details for repair assistance in the course of the drive. However, the Event Management will not be responsible for any delays in providing repair assistance.
- The Event Management will not be responsible for any loss of personal belonging of the Finalists during the drive
- If in the opinion of the Event Management any Finalists is seen to be driving in a fast or dangerous manner he / she shall be excluded at the discretion of the Event Management
- The Finalists should report any accident out of which a claim may arise be to the nearest police station
- The Finalists will not be reimbursed for any expenses incurred over and above the daily allowance and fuel expense amount provided to them at the start of the drive
- The Event Management will try its best to provide a reserve car in case of any severe damage due to accident/ crash. However the Event Management will not be responsible in case of any delays for providing the replacement car. The decision of the Event Management in this regard will be final and binding.
- The Event Management shall not be responsible in case of any internet connectivity issues during the drive phase
- Any change in partner will be subject to approval of the Event Management/ Jury and will from a case to case basis
- Expenses incurred by finalists over and above the per day allowance and fuel expense amount, will not be reimbursed
- Finalists shall at no point allow anyone else to drive the car. If at any point the Event Management can prove the violation of this rule, the Finalist can be disqualified.
- During the Drive, Finalist’s responsibilities will include the following:
1. Providing minimum specified internet updates/ blogs as specified by Hindustan Motors Limited.
2. Representing Hindustan Motors Limited at various functions/ Event
3. Be Hindustan Motors’ 'Ambassador' and participate in media interviews as and when required
4. Act responsibly at all times and in accordance with the reasonable directions of Hindustan Motors Limited, as required
- If at any time, any information provided by any applicant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Applicant will not be permitted to continue participation in the Event
- If at any time, including after disbursement of award funds, any information submitted by the Applicant is found to be incorrect, false, or otherwise misrepresented, the Applicant(s) shall be liable to refund all amounts received from HML
- Determination of whether information is incorrect or not rests with Event management/ Jury
- Event Management has the right to ask for proof of information provided/ audit the information provided. If such a request is made and the Applicant does not comply, the applicant could be disqualified from participation at the Event.
- All the decisions of the Event Management and the Jury will be final and binding
- Top 100 - All couples who have been selected as Top 100 win wrist watches.
- Top 3 - The winner of the contest for Predicting Top 3 winning couples will get to go to Singapore Grand Prix alongwith hotel stay and economy return flight expenses paid.
- Drive-off - An Auto Track Tracking device and a Gogo India GPS device every day as bumper prize during drive-off.
- Drive-off - A pair of Nike Driving Gloves Every Hour during drive-off.
- Two winners for the contest of Predicting the Winning Couple will get to go to Singapore Grand prix with hotel stay and economy return flight.
- Selection of all the above prizes is by lucky draw. The current profile of the registered user will be considered for the verification. Discretion lies solely with Hindustan Motors Limited.
- All taxes/levies and charges on prizes will be the responsibility of the contestant/ winner. Taxes as applicable will be deducted at the source for all prizes
- Though, Hindustan Motors Limited will be responsible for getting the Finalists insured before they leave for the drive, neither the Company nor any of its associate agencies will be held responsible for any harm, casualty, mishap or death of any of the Finalists/ Applicants
- Event Management and organizers shall not be held liable in the Event of injury or any physical or mental harm caused to the Applicant or even death during the course of the Event. All Applicants participate at their own risk
- Hindustan Motors Limited shall not be held responsible or accountable to any of the Applicants, for any loss, injury or any other liability which may arise, enroute while coming to the venue of Audition or while attending the Event or while participating in the Event and for which the Applicant will be required to sign an indemnity in favour of Hindustan Motors Limited. The Applicant agrees to release, discharge, and covenant, not to sue Hindustan Motors Limited or any of its associate agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, and/or any other agencies or individuals connected with The Great Driving Challenge in any manner, from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses, in any way arising out of or resulting from the Applicants' involvement in the selection process
- Neither Hindustan Motors Limited nor any of its associate agencies will be responsible for any accident(s)/mishap(s) to any of the Applicant that might occur during this campaign and impact any third parties or members of the public, or any other Applicant
- The Applicant hereby agrees to fully indemnify the Organizer against any claims for expenses, damages or any other payments of any kind, including but not limited to that arising from his/ her actions or omissions or arising from any representations, misrepresentations or concealment of material facts.
- Event Management shall not be responsible for any wrong conduct / misbehavior of the Contestants/ Applicant amongst themselves or with any other person in public
- Hindustan Motors Limited or any of the agencies connected with “The Great Driving Challenge” shall not be liable for any cancellations and/or delays in the train/ flights/ cars arranged for the Nominees due to any reason including but not limited to force majeure, logistical problems at the airports/ railway stations/ roads etc and the Nominees shall not have any claim against Hindustan Motors Limited or any of the agencies connected with “The Great Driving Challenge” for the same and shall be deemed to have availed of his/her prize. Hindustan Motors Limited or any of the agencies connected with The Great Driving Challenge shall not be responsible for any such eventuality and the Nominee undertakes not to claim any compensation from the Event Management for the same.
- No contestant should directly or indirectly be involved in posting of any comments / blogs on the internet, media interactions or any other activity which may harm the brand, image, business interests of Hindustan Motors Limited, in any manner
- All videos, audios, pictures and other text material uploaded by the contestants on this website should be original and should not attract any copyright issues/ claims by any other individual/ party
- Content generated is the responsibility of the Applicant and the Applicant will be responsible for its impact, consequences on any person or entity
- All details like photographs, videos, views and comments which are posted by Applicants/ Contestants on this site will become property of Hindustan Motors Limited who will be free to use these as well as the Contestants’ name for promotions in various media for 1 year
- The Applicants shall ensure that the photos or videos submitted or displayed by them in any public domain or their performances shall not be obscene, vulgar, defaming, denigrating women or children, hurting religious sentiments, depicting violence or shall not infringe the rights of a third person
- Shortlisted contestants may be required to represent Hindustan Motors Limited or their brands and hence will be required to conduct / behave / carry out themselves appropriately in front of large gatherings and/ or media representatives
- Applicants must be of good moral character and not be under the influence or habit of any medication, drugs or other psychotropic substance which may impair their ability to participate in the Event. Use of any prohibited substances could lead to disqualification.
- Any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behavior on the part of the Applicants will result in immediate exclusion from the Event
- Employees and the family members of Hindustan Motors Limited, its associate companies, its advertising and promotional agencies and all agencies connected with The Great Driving Challenge are not eligible to participate in this Event
- The Applicant hereby represents that he/ she does not have any medical conditions which have not been brought to the attention of the Event management which could affect the participation of the Applicant
- No Applicant shall be of unsound mind, physically or mentally handicapped in a manner that would render that person incapable of participating in such an Event, at the discretion of the Event Management
- All Applicants shall maintain decorum and shall abide by the rules and regulations thereof. Further the instructions of the Event Management shall be adhered to strictly. Any Applicant who acts in contravention to the instructions of the Event Management or creating nuisance either to the Event Management or the other Applicant or generally in and around the venue of the Audition shall immediately be disqualified from participating in the Auditions and shall be escorted outside the Audition venue.
- The decision of the Event Management in connection with the Event including but not limited to short listing the Applicants will be final and binding and is non-contestable.
- Event management reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the Event at any time, with retrospective effect, and does not take the responsibility for any loss or damage that any person / organization / applicant / nominee may suffer as a result of the Event being withdrawn or its terms amended
- The Event Management reserves the right to modify the criteria of the Audition, at any time at their own discretion and without any prior notice and without assigning any reason
- All disputes relating to The Great Driving Challenge shall be subject to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of Courts at Kolkata only
- Disputes and/or differences arising out of and/or relating to the Great Driving Challenge shall be referred to arbitration to be conducted by the Managing Director of HML or any of his nominees, in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996 or any subsequent amendments thereto. The venue of arbitral proceedings shall be at Kolkata. The arbitral award so passed by the Sole Arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties to the dispute.
- All material/ appliances or goods belong to the Event Management and must be returned unless stated otherwise
- Participation in the Event will be construed as an acceptance of the rules and regulations stated herein and submission of the online form will indicate their acceptance of these terms and conditions
- Disqualification of applications is at the sole discretion of Event management, on a case by case basis
- If Applicants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the Event or experience difficulties of any kind, they can write in their questions, problems or queries to the following address: [email protected]
The Company shall endeavor to the best of its ability to respond thereto. The above shall not, however, be a ground for extension of time as specified herein before for submission of entries.
These rules and regulations
- Participation in any aspect of the Event indicates acceptance of the Applicants to all rules and regulations and amendments from time to time if any.
- The Event Management of the Event is empowered to take a decision on any case not covered by the present regulations.
- Non conformity with the rules and regulations by any Applicant or couple will lead to immediate exclusion from the Event.
- The above clause will survive the completion of the Event.